Pavilion and Picnic Site Reservations
Kirkwood Residents & Businesses may start booking for the next calendar year on the first working day of November. Non-residents may start booking pavilions and picnic sites the first working day of February for the year in which they are reserving facilities. Athletic Fields are located at Kirkwood Park and Greentree Park and are also available for rental.
Athletic Field Reservations
The Kirkwood Parks & Recreation Department has athletic fields available to rent out.
- Spring/Summer (Baseball & Softball): April to Labor Day
- Fall Season (Soccer & Football): Labor Day to Thanksgiving
- Request an info packet for the current booking season
Field Rain Out Hotline Number: 314-433-4313
- Skating Rink
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
The Kirkwood Recreation Station Ice Arena is open year-round for public skating, skating lessons, and other public activities. To be eligible for the Kirkwood resident prices listed below, you must have a Recreation Station ID Card, issued at the Community Center office. ID cards cost $5, and are valid for three years. To obtain a card come to the Community Center office during regular hours. Bring a current picture ID (MO driver’s license, etc.) showing your Kirkwood address and current utility bill, bank statement or personal property receipt for that same address.
- Kirkwood Resident Youth (4-17) - $4.00
- Kirkwood Resident Adult (18+) - $4.00
- Kirkwood Resident Senior (65+) - $3.50
- Non Resident Youth (4-17) - $5.00
- Non Resident Adult (18+) - $5.00
- Non Resident Senior (65+) - $4.50
- Skate Rental $2.00
General Public Skating Information
- Children 3 and under free with each paying adult (excludes skate rental).
- Kirkwood residents must have ID card to receive Kirkwood resident rates.
- Some sessions may not include entire ice surface due to group lessons at rink ends (see Calendar below).
- Skate buckets available to children 8 and under on a first come, first serve basis (supplies limited).
- Rental skate sizes: Children's 6-13, Youth 1-6, Adult 7-14. First come, first serve (supplies limited).
- 10 Admission punch card (purchase 9, get 1 FREE) - $36.00 (Kirkwood Residents), $45.00 (Non Residents)
- Full hockey equipment is strongly discouraged during public skating and is allowed only for children 8 and under.
- Skate sharpening available (next business day only, after 3:00 PM) - $5.00.
Skating lesson sessions:
- Session 1, September/October
- Session 2, November/December
- Session 3, January/February
- Session 4, March/April/May
- Session 5, June/July/August
*Registration begins at least 3 weeks prior to start of each session. Call or check back for registration start dates.
Learn to skate! The Kirkwood Ice Arena offers a wide range of skating lessons for ages 4 through adult, beginner through advanced, group or private. For more information call 314-822-5855. Registration for the March-May session is now CLOSED. Registration for the June-August session will begin on Wednesday, May 1 for Kirkwood residents and Friday, May 3 for non residents.
If registering on line for the first time, please allow up to 48 hours to set up your account. Registration can also be made by visiting the Community Center office or by calling 822-5855 (during business hours). If registering by phone, all participants will need to sign a release which can be faxed (314.984.5931) or e-mailed.
General Skating Lesson Information
- Private, semi private, or custom group classes available with Arena Staff - for more information please call 314-984-5950 or email Skating Director at Susie Smith.
- Make up classes will be considered for illnesses and emergencies only. Make ups must be made during same session only, with permission from the Skating Director.
- Due to the nature of this sport, we do not give refunds. All participants canceling in advance from a program voluntarily must present the request in writing and will be assessed a minimum $5.00 program charge. Participants that cancel voluntarily less than one week prior to the start of the program may only receive a partial refund.
- Classes are divided by age and/or ability and filled on a first come, first serve basis. Classes may be combined, changed, or cancelled based on registration levels. Skaters not registered in the appropriate class may be moved.
- There will be no confirmation letters, calls, or e-mails prior to classes starting.
- All classes must be paid in full prior to first lesson. We do not pro rate for missed classes.
- Please be sure your child is ready to participate as we do not offer "try it" classes.
- Registration will close two weeks after the start of each class.
- Skate rental included in fee. Please check in with cashier upon arrival for ticket to get skates.
- Helmets are required for hockey classes only, highly recommended for all other classes.
- Many of our classes take place during public skating times. Family members, etc. are welcome to skate during these times. Regular admission and skate rental fees apply.
Kirkwood Summer Figure Skating Camp - The Arena's figure skating camp offers weekly skating, Monday through Friday, for USFS and ISI figure skating. We offer sessions for freestyle, MIF, and dance for high and low levels. Our program includes on-ice classes for Annie's Edges, Moves in the Field, High or Low Power Power Stroking, and Dance. Our off-ice classes include Conditioning, High and Low Ballet, High and Low/Artistic-Jazz, and Off-ice Jump Training/Technique. Our Summer camp skaters can enjoy both private lessons and group lessons with a custom schedule for busy skaters. Camp instructors are certified members of one or more of the following: United States Figure Skating Association, Professional Skaters Association, or Ice Skating Institute.
Read Me First, Waiver, Camp Care Release Form, Easy Registration Form, Registration Form, Parents Letter, Event Schedule, Camp Rules, Before and After Care, Beginner Camp Letter to Parents, Beginner Camp Registration Form
Pavel Barber Hockey School, May 17-19. To register, or for more information, visit their web site at pavelbarber.com
Synergy Hockey Camp, June 3-7. To register, or for more information, visit their web site at synergyhockeyskills.com
Showdown Hockey, July 15-19. To register, or for more information, visit their web site at showdownhockey.com
Racine Goalie Academy, July 15-19. To register, or for more information, visit their web site at racinegoalieacademy.com
Stick and Puck
These sessions offer participants the opportunity to get on the ice with their own hockey stick and puck. HECC approved helmet (with cage if under 18), gloves, stick, skates, and puck required. Hourly admission fees are $5.00 for Kirkwood Residents and $6.00 for Non Residents. Arrive early, Stick and Puck limited to the first 30 skaters. Some sessions may be canceled, check monthly calendar above for times.
Freestyle sessions offer figure skaters a chance to work on jumps, spins, dance routines, and more. Hourly admission fees are $5.00 for Kirkwood Residents and $6.00 for Non Residents. Some sessions may not include entire ice surface due to group Tot Lessons at rink ends. Some sessions may be canceled, check monthly calendar above for times.
Our party room is the perfect place for birthday and holiday parties, meetings, church group events, and more. Food and beverage can be brought in when renting the party room. To check availability, call 314-984-6977 or email at Ken Davies.
Discounted rates for public sessions are available for groups of 10 or more. A great idea for church groups, school field trips, holiday parties, scout troops, etc. For more information call 314-984-6977/314-984-6989 or email at Ken Davies. Group arrangements must be made at least five days in advance.
Kirkwood Ice Arena can help you reach your marketing goals with this unique advertising opportunity.
The Kirkwood Youth Hockey Association offers league play for ages 4 through 16, learn to play through advanced levels.
Gateway Speed Skating Club offers speed skating opportunities for all ages. The club practices regularly at the Kirkwood Ice Arena between September and March.
History of the Rink
A brief history of the Kirkwood Ice Rink along with some vintage photos.