Aquatic Center Kiddie Pool Update
Kiddie Pool Update
We continue to work to resolve the problems with the Kiddie Pool. We appreciate and share in the disappointment and frustration that has come with the closure of the pool. Here’s what we know and the plan for moving forward:
- There are two leaks that need to be repaired.One is in the line that returns filtered water to the pool.The other is underneath the water playground structure and supplies the play features.These leaks are different than the one that limited the use of the pool last year and that was repaired over the winter.
- We intend to move forward as soon as possible with the repair of these two lines.Currently we are working with St. Louis County Health Department to get permission to do these repairs.
- Repairs will involve removing a section of sidewalk near the clock and bridge, and digging a trench in the floor of the Kiddie Pool.
- The contractor anticipates it will take between two and three weeks to complete the repairs.
- The contractor plans to start work on Monday, June 10.
We’re committed to getting this situation resolved as soon as possible.